Domestic - Commercial - Industrial
TEL 951 242 449
MOB. 666 707 297
Sparkinspain offer a full inspection service of your installation. visual and testing.
- Power Surges. Electrical equipment and appliances damaged and burnt out by faulty builders supply, surges from sub-stations and lightning.
- Dangerous upgrades. Cables in Consumer Units badly burnt with melted insulation caused by too high rated Circuit Breakers being fitted. The CB is prevented from functioning properly by tripping out, causing damage to the installation and a risk of fire.
- RCDs not working. Avoid the risk of electric shock and ensure that all RCDs are functioning correctly. The user should test once a month. by pressing the test button. I must mention that once pressed and the rcd trips does not mean it is working correctly al it means is that the mechanism is not jammed .It does not prove that it trips in the desired time limit less than 40ms for 30mA trip.
- Air conditioning units overloading circuits. A/C units not wired into the mains supply correctly, causing tripping-out problem.usually connected locally by nearest power source lighting or sockets and seldom found no earth provision
- or incorrect cable size and overload protection.
- Light fittings not wired correctly. Fittings not earthed, sometimes the earth cable being deliberately cut off, causing a risk of electric shock when changing the bulb. Cables not adequately protected from the heat of the light source, eventually causing the insulation to melt exposing a bare copper live wire.
- Water and damp getting into an installation. Use of cheap and incorrect materials not designed for weatherproof conditions.
- Wrong size cable used when fitting extra sockets. Cable not sufficient to handle powerful appliances, resulting in damage and burnt out wiring.
- Reversed Polarity.very common The live and the neutral on the main supply cable are connected the opposite way round.dangerous especially in lighting circuits when (DIY) installer thinks it is dead at point!
- Bad Earthing. When an installation is inadequately earthed it greatly increases the risk of a serious electric shock and the risk of fire as the fault current will not be suffice to trip circuit breaker designed for the circuit..
- Obsolete Socket Outlets. Many sockets in old properties do not provide an earth connection. If the live cable accidentally comes loose and touches the metal case of an appliance, the electricity will travel through you rather than to earth.